Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thing 13

Thing 13, presentations. This is going to be a thing I'll stretch on when doing since I have no personal or professional use for a presentations app. I will certainly browse the apps listed on the 23 Things website, but I know I'm going to struggle to incorporate them into something coherent.

What piques my interest most is Educreations. I do see it is more for teacher-student/classroom use, but it interests me anyway. I do see that there are suggestions on how to use it in libraries...but my device won't let me watch it. I say well, fine then, I'll discover it myself. HA!

I made a silly, kind of pointless, general intro to iPad and apps. I was pretty impressed with the app, its ease of use and after playing with it and looking at other examples, I think I could see ways for librarians and support staff to use Educreations. The most obvious way would be in a training or tutorials with staff, either remotely or in person. Since you can share your lessons (that's what Educreations will call your document) they could easily be viewed as webcasts, podcasts, etc if shared. I have no clue how, but the lesson could probably be shared amongst a group without iPads and could be used in meetings and training. If we had a professional, we could even use Educreations (or any presentation app) and have him or her create presentations that are linkable and viewable on our website, I'd suppose.

If you want to waste 2 minutes hearing me talk (and the stupid fan for our data cabinet) follow the link. I did this for my sole educational and informational purposes only.  All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental...wait no, I mean any resemblance to other lessons, etc are purely coincidental (humor break...).


I think this is the only app for this thing I want to try. See above for my recommendations on how we as library staff can use presentation apps as training tools. 




1 comment:

  1. Nice mini video. I hope you had fun trying it out. It seemed like it wasn't too difficult to figure out and use. It also seemed like a way to whip up a quick video. Hope you do get a chance to use it at work someday!

    ReplyDelete