Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thing 9

Editing and taking photos.

Honestly, I'm pretty comfortable with the plain camera included on the iPad, and it can do some simple editing. Heck my 3 year old daughter thinks the camera is just another game/app and plays with it all the time.

I'll give these apps a try, I'm not against trying something new. We certainly can use an app here at work to spruce up images and photos we take for publicity, etc and I may find one I would like to add to my personal iPad at home.

First up, Color Splurge. Sure, the examples they give in the tutorials are great...but that's like making your breakfast look like the ones on the cereal box...I vowed to try this app, and I did but I'm sorry to say that I'm not impressed. This app really does seem like something my child would use, almost like some funky real world coloring book. Here's my example
 I made a snowy winter day into some psychedelic spring dream...or something. I didn't spend too much time with it for the same reason I wouldn't watch a bad movie...just not impressed, not interested, disbelief not suspended. Moving on...

Time to try CamMe. Who doesn't like selfies? They're as American as store bought apple pie and NFL football (not that football they play in Canada with an extra guy...or the football the other 90% of the world plays).
After figuring out the learning curve, you can have lots of photogenic fun for instance

Ok, enough silliness. Honestly, CamMe seems a little more phone friendly than tablet friendly, which makes sense, since we usually take selfies with a phone, right?
 oh fine, one more

On to LINE Camera. I think I could spend days going through all the options and effects in LINE. There are options to have the app do the work and there are ways to do it yourself down to minute detail, here are a few examples
 Plain photo here

 Hey it's snowing...inside!
 Added some text, recolored it, etc.


I think I'll go with LINE Camera and we'll see if/how we can put it to use here, I might even put the app on my personal iPad.




No comments:

Post a Comment