Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thing 5

I started with bamboo book. I like the concept of a digital notebook and/or something that made me reminisce about the days of PDAs. Now, a was then, it's nice to be able to carry around a lightweight, pocketable (well, if used with a Smartphone anyway) device rather than some clumsy notebook or notepad. I like the ability to share your notes to social media and email....but in the end, I'm sorry to say, I'm not impressed with bamboo book. I don't have nor do I want to purchase a stylus, bamboo book pushes dreaded IAPs to allow more options and functionality. I frankly stink at digitally writing, especially with my fat fingers.

For example:
  

On to Don't Forget the Milk (DFTM). A very well designed and functional note-taker, I'm fairly impressed. I didn't like creating an account, but it was cool to see that by doing so, I could share my notes on social media (not sure why...) and DFTM even e-mailed me a silly reminder I gave myself. If I were to chose a note-taking app, this would probably be it.

Lastly I decided to try the  Dragon Dictation App. I like being able to dictate notes and even more so on a tablet or smartphone. Dragon is very simple and easy to use...but it suffers from the same issues as most voice recognition software I've ever tried: way too many mistakes! I'd take as much time editing as I would just t(ap)yping the darned thing out!

In the end, I'm not much of a note-taker anyway. In my job it's not a bad idea, but I don't need to do it much at this point, maybe that will change someday. If I decide to become a note-taker with my tablet, I might just use the native/built-in app on my and my work's iPads. I don't need anything fancy and it's already there.


2 comments:

  1. I use Evernote a lot - since I tend to lose paper lists, or they go through the wash...

    ReplyDelete
  2. However I like your image of "I dont like this..." (:

    ReplyDelete