Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thing 23

Here it is, the last thing, 23 of 23. This is pretty simple, analyze the program.

I'll use the prompts on the 23 Things webpage:

1) I'll say a lot has changed. I didn't realize there were so many great utilities for iPad and mobile devices and as such, I'm finding myself using my tablet more so than a PC.

2) Honestly, my favorite things were probably the games and hobbies, but I did enjoy the connecting to the community thing quite a bit.

3) I didn't connect too much with others doing the program, but HCL did launch a page in our staff web that allowed us to see who else was doing the program and their blogs. 

4) I'm really surprised how many useful tools are available for mobile devices. I've heard about people using tablets in place of laptops, but I didn't realize how easily it could be done! I knew smartphones were pretty high tech, but I never realized a mobile phone could do so much!

5) The major improvement I'd like to see made is making sure all apps/things are applicable to all staff and useable in their systems. I mentioned several times that some apps were useless to me as service staff and a few more times that while some apps had awesome potential, we couldn't use them since their functions (videos, presentations, info graphics) are handled at an administrative level.

6) I'd certainly do a similar program in the future. I love self paced learning!

7) FUN! Even some of the apps I had little use for where fun to dilly with and explore.

I guess that's all folks! Thanks to MN Multitypes for a fun program and the opportunity to participate. Thanks to my readers/followers; I hope I kept it fun, but informative.




No comments:

Post a Comment